Landscape Architecture program ( printer-friendly PDF )
The Landscape Architecture Program at West Valley College is mainly a mix of science and art. Landscape Architecture concentrates on natural systems and cultural processes within the planning, design, and control over sustainable landscapes with this and future decades. Students of Landscape Architecture can handle fixing complex environment problems and can communicate effective solutions.
This Program in Landscape Architecture at West Valley College stresses a procedure-oriented method of problem fixing while encouraging sensitivity toward community values and environmental concepts. Students will build up creative ability and technical abilities through a variety of exercises and projects relevant to entertainment and open space planning, plant selection, park design, landscape reclamation and upkeep, resource management, and concrete planning and style, in addition to learning programs for residential, commercial, and institutional landscape conditions.
This program is identified by the California Condition Board of Landscape Designers. Students are ready for rewarding professional careers or gets in advanced college programs. Graduates are utilized in an array of important environment and style-related roles.
- Landscape Designers
- Landscape Industry Reps
- Resource Managers
Connect of Science in Landscape Architecture
Learning Final results
After finishing a b.Utes. degree in Landscape Architecture, students will have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively and appropriately within the landscape architectural atmosphere through proper utilization of verbal, written and graphic techniques.
- Apply mathematical abilities to resolve technical problems connected with landscape architectural sketches.
- Develop landscape architectural sketches including construction sketches, and presentation sketches.
- Use computer graphics programs connected with landscape architectural projects.
- Choose landscape construction materials based on their qualities and techniques of installation.
- Apply building codes, zoning codes, and ADA (People in america with Disabilities Act).
- Demonstrate creativeness and problem-fixing capabilities in landscaping for residential, commercial, and public sites.
- Use standard dimensions for space planning and human occupancy using Landscape Architectural Graphic Standards.
- Identify various kinds of landscape plants throughout the 4 seasons.
- Demonstrate creative capabilities in landscape plant composition.
- Identify professional, ethical and social duties including respect for diversity.
Certificate in Landscape Architecture
Learning Final results
After finishing certificates in Landscape Architecture, students will have the ability to:
- Develop landscape architectural sketches and presentation sketches.
|Connect of Science in Landscape|
|Major Needs (42 Models)|
|Construction Materials &lifier Techniques|
|Architectural Graphics: Drawing &lifier Drawing|
|Summary of Architectural &lifier Environment Design|
|Fundamental Architectural Design|
|Architectural Model Making|
|Summary of Revit Architecture|
|three dimensional Studio Max: three dimensional Rendering|
|Architectural Design I|
|Architectural Design II|
|Good reputation for Landscape Architecture|
|Landscape Construction Technology|
|Landscape Plants: Summer time &lifier Fall|
|Landscape Plants: Winter &lifier Spring|
|Sustainability in Landscape Architecture|
|Needed Electives (6 Models): Choose from below|
|Architectural Building Codes|
|Architectural Graphics: Color Rendering|
|Eco-friendly Building &lifier Sustainable Design|
|Advanced Revit Architecture|
|Final Amount of Models||48|